Below is our recommended routine based on your unique CURL DNA. Purchase your personal routine and get 10% off with code: 'MYROUTINE'
YOUR TEXTURE TYPE
THE LOOSE WAVE
THE LOOSE WAVE
Starts off straight at the roots and curls at about eye level into a gentle S shape. The loose wave is usually flatter in body than other hair types and can lack volume. It’s also easily weighed down by heavy styling products. We recommend water based styling products and always applying products while your hair is dripping wet.
Your hair cuticles are tightly packed together, so they struggle to absorb waterand your hair takes a long time to dry. Products tend to sit on top of your hair, causingbuildup. Use heat when applying your deep conditioner to open up your cuticlesfor better absorption. You should prioritise emollients over proteins and stick to lightweight, liquid-based products.
Also known as thin hair, low density means thatyour strands are not so tightly packed together and your scalp is visible. Use smaller quantities of lightweight products to avoid weighing your curls down and reducing their volume.
These strands are the strongest hair texture, making them more resistant to damage and easier to maintain length. But coarse hair tends to be more prone to dryness, tangles and frizz. Make sure you’re using nourishing and moisture-boosting products with rich and creamy textures.
Your Personal Holy Curls Routine
STEP 1 - WASH
Water is your best friend. so make sure that your hair is thoroughly wet before applying the shampoo.
1. Apply shampoo to the roots and massage your scalp properly.
2. Rinse hair and repeat steps 1 and 2 if needed.
STEP 2 - CONDITION
The 02 Conditioner is perfect for fine, wavy hair as it will nourish your curls without being too heavy.
1. Apply to the mid lengths to ends of the hair.
2. Slowly finger detangle. As you detangle, drizzle water over the curls and smooth and stroke the surface of your hair. This will help push the product in and smooth the cuticle.
3. Pop on a shower cap if you can to generate heat for a deeper conditioning treatment. Leave on for 10-15 minutes while you do your thing.
(We recommend investing in a hooded dryer or steamer as this will really help open your cuticles for deeper penetration)
STEP 3 - GEL
1. Apply the 04 Gel - a small amount at a time and stroke into your curls from roots to ends.
2. Keep applying until you feel your hair rejecting more product.
3. Use a t-shirt to squeeze the end of the curls up into the roots to squeeze the water out. (Be gentle here as you don't want to break your curls up.) Then, add some more product over the surface of the hair.
4. Air dry or use a diffuser. If using a diffuser, do it with your head upside down. Do not scrunch your curls as it will break them up or make them lose their natural shape.
5. Once your hair is all dry, place your fingers in at the roots and shake, gently massaging the rest of the hair to remove the cast.
BIMONTHLY - CURL MASK
Use the Curl Mask twice a month as a deep moisture and restoration treatment. Use just like you would the Conditioner.
We're All About The Results
Show us yours!
We LOVE to see the results from your new curls care routine. Tag us in IG @holycurls for a chance to get featured
Let’s revolutionise the way we care for our curls!
With CURLS 2.0, we're stepping away from the one-size-fits-all approach of the past and leading the way to a new, more holistic approach to curl care.
With clinically-backed routines, and expert guidance you'll have the power to become your very own curl specialist