Below is our recommended routine based on your unique CURL DNA. Purchase your personal routine and get 10% off with code: 'MYROUTINE'
YOUR TEXTURE TYPE
THE TIGHT COIL
THE TIGHT COIL
A head full of rambunctious z-shaped strands and super sized volume characterises this hair type. The structure of your hair can sometimes feel stiff and dense - especially if not properly hydrated. And if you pull out a strand, you’ll see that it is much longer than it looks. That’s because the densely packed Z shape causes the hair to shrink, making your hair appear much shorter than it really is. We recommend stretching your hair into twists, braids or knots while they’re drying to retain length as well as moisture. With tight coils it’s never just on the surface - they need deep hydration to soak into each strand.
Your hair cuticles are tightly packed together, so they struggle to absorb water and your hair takes a long time to dry. Products tend to sit on top of your hair, causing buildup. Use heat when applying your deep conditioner to open up your cuticles for better absorption. You should prioritise emollients over proteins and stick to lightweight, liquid-based products.
Also known as thick hair, high density means that your strands are tightly packed together and your scalp is not visible unless you pull sections of your hair apart. Use heavier creams, butters, or gels to hold your hair together, making sure you apply enough product to coat all strands evenly.
These strands are the strongest hair texture, making them more resistant to damage and easier to maintain length. But coarse hair tends to be more prone to dryness, tangles and frizz. Make sure you’re using nourishing and moisture-boosting products with rich and creamy textures.
YOUR PERSONAL HOLY CURLS ROUTINE
STEP 1 - WASH
Water is your best friend. so make sure that your hair is thoroughly wet before applying the shampoo.
1. Apply shampoo to the roots and massage your scalp properly.
2. Rinse hair and repeat steps 1 and 2 if needed.
STEP 2 - DEEP CONDITION
The 05 Curl Mask contains a bond-building technology called FiberHance™. This ingredient helps to fill in gaps in the hair shaft, providing deep repair. It also adds a serious dose of hydration to thirsty curls.
1. Apply from roots to ends.
2. Finger detangle if you can or use a wide tooth comb or brush. As you detangle, drizzle water over your curls and keep stroking the surface of your hair to smooth the cuticle.
3. Pop on a shower cap if you can to generate heat for a deeper conditioning treatment. Leave on for 15 minutes while you do your thing.
(We recommend investing in a hooded dryer or steamer as this will really help open your cuticles for deeper penetration)
4. If your hair is extra dry, leave some of the mask in the hair to act as a leave in. Water the mask down by drizzling water over the curls. Keep drizzling water until about 10% of the product is left in your hair.
STEP 3 - CREAM
Apply the 03 Cream in the shower while your hair is dripping wet.
1. Apply in sections and stroke over the surface of your hair without raking through or disrupting the curls.
STEP 4 - GEL
1. Apply the 04 Gel in sections - a small amount at a time and stroke into your curls from roots to ends.
2. Keep applying until you feel your hair rejecting more product.
3. Use a t-shirt to squeeze the end of the curls up into the roots to squeeze the water out. (Be gentle here as you don't want to break your curls up.) Then, add some more product over the surface of the hair.
4. Air dry or use a diffuser. If using a diffuser, do it with your head upside down. Do not scrunch your curls as it will break them up or make them lose their natural shape.
5. Once your hair is all dry, place your fingers in at the roots and shake, gently massaging the rest of the hair to remove the cast.
We're All About The Results
Show us yours!
We LOVE to see the results from your new curls care routine. Tag us in IG @holycurls for a chance to get featured
Let’s revolutionise the way we care for our curls!
With CURLS 2.0, we're stepping away from the one-size-fits-all approach of the past and leading the way to a new, more holistic approach to curl care.
With clinically-backed routines, and expert guidance you'll have the power to become your very own curl specialist