Below is our recommended routine based on your unique CURL DNA. Purchase your personal routine and get 10% off with code: 'MYROUTINE'
YOUR TEXTURE TYPE
THE RINGLET CURL
THE RINGLET CURL
Ringlet curls are tighter than waves and wind themselves into springy ringlets. This hair type is usually easy to manage and style. However, the spiralled shape of the strands could force the cuticles open, making this curl type more vulnerable to dehydration. If they get too dry they can look dull and frizzy, so keeping them moisturised is key.
Your hair cuticles are tightly packed together, so they struggle to absorb water and your hair takes a long time to dry. Products tend to sit on top of your hair, causing buildup. Use heat when applying your deep conditioner to open up your cuticles for better absorption. You should prioritise emollients over proteins and stick to lightweight, liquid-based products.
Also known as thick hair, high density means that your strands are tightly packed together and your scalp is not visible unless you pull sections of your hair apart. Use heavier creams, or gels to hold your hair together, making sure you apply enough product to coat all strands evenly.
These strands are the strongest hair texture, making them more resistant to damage and easier to maintain length. But coarse hair tends to be more prone to dryness, tangles and frizz. Make sure you’re using plenty of nourishing and moisture-boosting products with rich and creamy textures
YOUR PERSONAL HOLY CURLS ROUTINE
STEP 1 - WASH
Water is your best friend. so make sure that your hair is thoroughly wet before applying the shampoo.
1. Apply shampoo to the roots and massage your scalp properly.
2. Rinse hair and repeat steps 1 and 2 if needed.
STEP 2 - CONDITION
The 02 Conditioner is perfect for loose curls as it will nourish your curls without being too heavy.
1. Apply to the mid lengths to ends of the hair.
2. Slowly finger detangle. As you detangle, drizzle water over the curls and smooth and stroke the surface of your hair. This will help push the product in and smooth the cuticle.
3. Pop on a shower cap if you can to generate heat for a deeper conditioning treatment. Leave on for 10-15 minutes while you do your thing.
(We recommend investing in a hooded dryer or steamer as this will really help open your cuticles for deeper penetration)
STEP 3 - CREAM
Apply the 03 Cream in the shower while your hair is dripping wet.
1. Apply a small amount and stroke over the surface of your hair without raking through or disrupting the curls.
2. Drizzle some water on top of the cream. This will make sure that it doesn't just sit on top of your hair.
STEP 4 - GEL
1. Apply the 04 Gel - a small amount at a time and stroke into your curls from roots to ends.
2. Keep applying until you feel your hair rejecting more product.
3. Use a t-shirt to squeeze the end of the curls up into the roots to squeeze the water out. (Be gentle here as you don't want to break your curls up.) Then, add some more product over the surface of the hair.
4. Air dry or use a diffuser. If using a diffuser, do it with your head upside down. Do not scrunch your curls as it will break them up or make them lose their natural shape.
5. Once your hair is all dry, place your fingers in at the roots and shake, gently massaging the rest of the hair to remove the cast.
BIMONTHLY - CURL MASK
Use the Curl Mask twice a month as a deep moisture and restoration treatment. Use just like you would the Conditioner.
Or if your hair is feeling dry, use the Curl Mask instead of the Conditioner in this routine.
We're All About The Results
Show us yours!
We LOVE to see the results from your new curls care routine. Tag us in IG @holycurls for a chance to get featured
Let’s revolutionise the way we care for our curls!
With CURLS 2.0, we're stepping away from the one-size-fits-all approach of the past and leading the way to a new, more holistic approach to curl care.
With clinically-backed routines, and expert guidance you'll have the power to become your very own curl specialist