New Year Journal Prompts: Reflect on 2021 + Set Intentions for 2022
There is something so magical about shaking off the last year and stepping into the next with fresh motivation. But instead of making resolutions that are hard to stick to, why not set yourself some honest intentions for 2022 that align with your true self and your core values? Now is the perfect time to use some new year journal prompts to transition into the year with love, positivity and compassion for yourself.
It’s time to get introspective, babe – this is where the magic happens.
Before you start journaling about your intentions, it’s important to ground yourself in the present moment. You can do this by listening to a meditation or simply sitting somewhere quiet and taking a few deep breaths. It’s also helpful to silence any devices and make sure you’re in a space where you won’t be disturbed by anyone. Get nice and cosy, make a cup of tea, light a candle, put on some calming music and really savour this mindful ritual.
Want to learn how to make mindfulness part of your daily routine? These practices will help you stay more grounded and present.
When you feel like you’re ready to stop journaling, do something that brings you back into your body. Go outside for a walk, do some yoga or dance around and shake it all out! However you feel like moving your body, honour it and let it all go.
Remember, this journaling exercise is not for you to dwell on the past or rush into the future. It’s a way of settling your mind with what happened last year, acknowledging it and accepting it as it is. Then using your intentions as a loving light to guide you along the path of the present into a bigger and brighter future that is aligned with your dreams and values.
Use these tips to start a journal practice – and stick to it!
So, babe – are you ready to make 2022 your best year yet? Follow these new year journal prompts to start creating the energy you want to bring into the next twelve months.
Journal Prompts for Reflecting on 2021
- If you had to describe your 2021 in 3 words, what would they be?
- What new things did you discover about yourself?
- What achievement are you most proud of?
- Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
- What, or who, are you most thankful for?
- What has been your most important lesson from 2021?
- Who did you spend the most time with and how did they impact your life?
- What new experiences did you have in 2021?
- What advice would you give your early-2021 self if you could?
- What are you ready to leave behind in 2021 (thought patterns, behaviours, relationships, situations etc.)?
Setting Intentions for 2022
- What are the 3 words that sum up the energy you want to cultivate in 2022?
- What new experiences do you want to have in 2022?
- Where do you want to go?
- Who do you want to be?
- What are your top 5 values going forward in 2022?
- Who do you want to spend more time with in 2022?
- What would your ideal life look like?
- When do you feel your most true, free and authentic self? Where are you? What are you doing? Who are you with?
- What would living in alignment with your values, dreams and purpose for 2022 look like?
- How do you want to remember the year 2022 when you look back on it a year from now?
Here’s to making 2022 the best year of our lives. The only way is up, babe.